Digital Learning Day 2013
“Digital Learning Day” (February 6, 2013) is a national awareness campaign that celebrates education practitioners and is dedicated to highlighting best practices, both in instructional practice and implementation of digital media in learning. Below are various resources from the Digital Media and Learning Research Hub that highlight research and examples of digital media in learning.
- “Learning At Not-School” – by Julian Sefton-Green. What is so distinctive about the quality of learning in “not-school” learning environments?
- “Participatory Politics: New Media and Youth Political Action” – by Joseph Kahne and Cathy J. Cohen. Contrary to the traditional notion of a technological digital divide, substantial numbers of young people are engaging in “participatory politics.”
Connected Learning Case Studies:
- Boss Level at Quest to Learn: Connected Learning in a Public School
- YOUmedia at the Harold Washington Library: Creating Pathways from Interests to Opportunities
Connected Learning Personal Stories:
- Jabiz Raisdana: Helping Others Embrace the Learning Potential of Digital Media
- The InnovationLab: Exploring the Possibility of Self-Directed Learning
- Juan Devis + Youth Voices: Building Linkages Between School, Home, and the Local Community
Connected Learning Webinars:
- Mathtrain.tv: The Power of Kids Teaching Kids
- This Ain’t Your Grandma’s School: The Transformative Power of Open Source Learning
- Publication Date
- Wednesday, February 06, 2013